Congratulations New Zealand! To celebrate the legalisation of same-sex marriage we have teamed up with Waiheke Island Weddings and Events to offer one same-sex couple the chance to win their wedding ceremony on beautiful Waiheke Island. The fabulous package includes location planning and advice and a stunning freeform marquee and chairs for your perfect marriage ceremony. We’ll even pay for your celebrant and a glass of bubbles for you and your guests.
To enter, just tell us in 200 words or less why you and your partner can’t wait to tie the knot on Waiheke Island. And don’t forget to complete all your contact details. The competition is open to any same sex couple permitted by law to marry in New Zealand.
Competition closes 30 May 2013
Please fill in all fields marked *
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is free and open to same sex couples aged 18 years or older. Employees of Waiheke Event Hire (The Promoters), associated companies and agencies associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw this promotion or any part of this promotion should their ability to fulfil due obligations be limited at any stage by any form of technical failure.
- To enter the promotion, entrants must explain in a two hundred words or less why they would like to marry their same sex partner on Waiheke Island. They must provide their full name, current and valid email address, phone number and date of birth (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Eligible Entrants are limited to one entry in the promotion, although both partners may enter.
- Entries must be received by 11.59pm on 30 May 2013. The Promoters accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Entries will be judged by representatives of Waiheke Event Hire and Waiheke Island Weddings and Events. In the event that a decision can not be immediately reached, up to three finalists will be contacted by telephone as a second stage of the competition.
- The winners will be selected by 30 June 2013 and notified by telephone and email.
- The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is one (1) prize which includes professional wedding planning services assistance (from Waiheke Island Weddings and Events) to locate a suitable outdoor venue for a marriage ceremony on Waiheke Island for up to 80 guests, provision of a marquee and chairs from Waiheke Event Hire for the ceremony, plus the cost of a celebrant and sparkling wine. Terms and conditions for each prize component are outlined below (“Prize”).
- The Prize is not transferable, non-redeemable for cash and cannot be on-sold to a third party. An appropriate date and venue for the ceremony will have to be agreed with the prize winner and the Promoter.
- Marquee and furniture hire covers the provision of an available stretch tent marquee from Waiheke Event Hire and chairs for 80 guests.
- Wedding Planning Services includes advice for finding a location and sourcing additional suppliers for the wedding ceremony or reception.
- Prize fulfilment is subject to availability of the Promoters.
- The winner is responsible for all costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included in the Prize including any travel costs, food, accommodation, permits, venue costs, decor, florist, wedding reception costs and any other incidentals. The winner is also responsible for all legal requirements being met allowing them to be married in New Zealand.
- The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken for cash.
- All components of the prize package must be taken together. Any element of the prize package not taken will be deemed to be forfeited.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
- By entering this competition, entrants acknowledge that they agree to participate in publicity relating to the promotion and the wedding. This may include media interviews, photographs for use by the Promoters on social media, websites and any promotional collateral.
- Entrants’ personal information will be stored on a database by the Promoters. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoters at the addresses set out below.
- By ticking the optional box “I am happy for Waiheke Event Hire and Waiheke Island Weddings and Events to email me information and promotions that may be of interest”, entrants acknowledge that they are agreeing to receive future emailed communications from the Promoters.
- The Promoters are Waiheke Event Hire, 3 Fisher Street, Waiheke Island, Auckland 1081